Monday, January 31, 2011

the web

Early on in the televised ceremony, the SAG award for best female supporting actor in a film went to Melissa Leo for "The Fighter." Leo also won the Golden Globe and is nominated for an Oscar.
"I'm much better when I have my words written for me," Leo said, as she tried to hold back tears. When she was finally able to control her emotions, she said, "This has been an extraordinary season for me."
The Oscar nominations announced last Tuesday closely track the comparable SAG actor categories, which also proved predictive in last year's competition.
The 15 SAG categories -- the only industry honors that solely recognize performers -- include both television and film actors. The two-hour show in Shrine Exposition Center in Los Angeles aired on TNT and TBS. Both TNT and TBS are units of Time Warner, the parent company of CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment